NISSAN LARGO ENTHUSIASTS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NISSAN LARGO ENTHUSIASTS CLUB

A site dedicated to owners and enthusiasts of the Nissan Largo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suspension noises.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve

Steve

Suspension noises. Empty
PostSubject: Suspension noises.   Suspension noises. EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 5:12 pm

My Largo Highwaystar has just started making a few very slight knocking noises when going over some bumps in the road. Crying or Very sad I think it might be the link rod bushes or possibly the anti roll bar bushes.
Has anyone else suffered this problem and what did you do to cure it?????

Steve
Back to top Go down
loungelizard1

loungelizard1

Suspension noises. Empty
PostSubject: Link bar pushes   Suspension noises. EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Steve, had the same problem and found it to be the link bar bushes. When changing them I found the link bars them selfs were shot. So got some new ones and bushes and now the Largo drives like a dream.

Loungelizard1
jocolor jocolor The Joker jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Suspension noises. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension noises.   Suspension noises. EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Thanks for that Loungelizard1 Smile

I thought I might have to replace these bushes so I will try and source a new set asap. Might as well do the anti roll bar bushes at the same time then it should just "FLOAT" along the road, well at least should hopefully get rid of those nasty knocking noises. Cool

Steve
Back to top Go down
Nigel

Nigel

Suspension noises. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension noises.   Suspension noises. EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 8:36 am

I have just had to replace my top bushes last wekend as they were absolutly shot, especially the N/S. I replaced with poly bushes as will last much longer than the rubber ones and it made a HUGE difference to the ride and no clanking from the drop arms. I would recomend to any one to change to POLY ( IMHO of course ).
Back to top Go down
loungelizard1

loungelizard1

Suspension noises. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension noises.   Suspension noises. EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:14 pm

Steve you can get the poly bushes on ebay for I think £29.00

Loungelizard1
jocolor jocolor The Joker jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Suspension noises. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension noises.   Suspension noises. EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:50 pm

Thanks Guys,

I will order a set tonight. Very Happy

Nigel, I will expect you aound about 8.00 am on Friday morning to fit them as you are such an expert. Bowl of Frosties and a cup of tea as FULL payment will be waiting. lol. Laughing Laughing That is a VERY nice van you have Nigel. Will you be posting pics of it on the owners vehicle soon. I hope so. Smile

Seriously though I hope to have recieved them and get them fitted by the weekend. Very Happy

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suspension noises. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension noises.   Suspension noises. Empty

Back to top Go down

Suspension noises.
Page 1 of 1